If you’ve been perusing the 4th of July sales to find ways to get the iPad mini (2021) cheap, you may have seen the 64GB version on offer as it recently dropped to $409. However, we’re here to let you know. say to avoid it.
This deal is live amazon (opens in new tab)and Walmart (opens in new tab)including elsewhere, but it’s really nothing new – we’ve seen the tablet drop to this price point many times before, including during deal seasons like Black Friday, but at other times as well.
That’s a nice discount for the tablet, but we can see it hitting a new low soon. Amazon Prime Day is coming in just a week, and the iPad mini (2021) will likely get a better discount. And even if it doesn’t, you’ll likely see at least one price match.
So if you really need a new iPad mini right now, maybe you should go for the tablet – but if not, we recommend you wait.
In our review of the iPad mini (2021), we called it a “powerful device with a smaller, sharper screen” and gave it four stars out of five overall.
We praise it for its compact design, as well as its powerful chipset and the fact that it brings a storage leap over the 2019 model.
However, we weren’t all that interested in the battery life, which was below average, the fact that its 5G connectivity is limited, and that it doesn’t come with any keyboard or stylus accessories (so that would cost more).
Like any device, it’s a good tablet if you can get it at a good price, and we’re hoping Prime Day will bring just that discount.
Best Buy July 4th Sale: Quick Links
- Litter: Up to $800 off iPhone 13 Pro, $200 off MacBook Pro, and more (opens in new tab)
- Home appliances: Samsung, Whirlpool, LG, Maytag and more from $218.99 (opens in new tab)
- Cameras: Save $100 on GoPro Hero10 Action Camera (opens in new tab)
- Chromebooks: Get a Lenovo Chromebook 3 for just $79 (opens in new tab)
- Furniture: tables, TV stands and side tables from $49.99 (opens in new tab)
- Headphones: Up to $200 off JBL, Apple, and Samsung (opens in new tab)
- kitchen utensil: Get $100 Off KitchenAid Mixers (opens in new tab)
- laptops: Save up to $200 on the latest Windows devices (opens in new tab)
- Outdoors: Up to $150 off Grills, Tools, and Pools (opens in new tab)
- computer games: Up to $300 off Desktop Gaming PCs (opens in new tab)
- Small applications: Air Fryers from $29.99 (opens in new tab)
- smart home: $150 off Arlo Pro 4 – Camera Security Bundle (opens in new tab)
- Smart watch: Apple Watch, Fitbit and Garmin from $129.95 (opens in new tab)
- soundbar: Get Sony HT-S400 Soundbar with Subwoofer for $199.99 (opens in new tab)
- pills: Get up to $130 off Samsung Galaxy Tablets (opens in new tab)
- Toys: Up to $25 Free Gift Card with Lego Super Mario Starter Sets (opens in new tab)
- TV: 55-inch big-screen TVs and above $269.99 (opens in new tab)
- Vacuum: Up to $200 off Dyson, Roomba, and Shark (opens in new tab)
- video games: Up to 60% off PS5, Xbox and Nintendo Switch games (opens in new tab)
Tom’s role on the team is to specialize in phones and tablets, but he also takes on other technologies like electric scooters, smartwatches, fitness, mobile gaming, and more. He is based in London, UK.
He graduated in American Literature and Creative Writing from the University of East Anglia. Prior to working at , she worked as a freelancer in technology, games and entertainment, and also spent many years working as a mixologist. Outside of , he works in film as a screenwriter, director and producer.